This release represents a mix of bug fixes and new features. Key points are the upgrade to Qt6.5.2 and Python 3.11.3 and the change to PySide6 instead of PyQt5/6 availability for plugins (see here for more details). We will also no longer be providing an official Windows 32-bit binary installer (legacy or otherwise). The update to Qt6.5.2 makes Windows 10 (1809) the minimum supported OS for the official version of Sigil starting with Sigil 2.0.0. Similarly, it makes the minimum supported MacOS version as 11.0 (Big Sur).
- fix incorrect assert in sigil-gumbo
- recognize application/pdf mediatype on epub import
- remove compiler build warnings to clean up the build output
- recognize source tag attribute srcset for xhtml source updates
- fix Preview disconnect bug after split at cursor
- fixed sigil-gumbo interface for plugins
- added workaround for ADE epub3 bug with scaled cover images
- fix encoding for named entities in opf metadata
- fix drag/drop crash by disabling drop inside CodeViewEditor
- fix CodeView to Preview syncing on text after an inline xhtml comment
- updated to Qt 6.5.2 which is now used for official releases
- updated to Python 3.11.3 and uses the latest EmbededPython interface
- updated to the latest jquery version 3.6.4
- supports use of embedded pdfs ala ADE
- added dark window titlebars for Windows platforms
- add support for a user’s cover-template2.xhtml and cover-template3.xhtml
- add user preference to control printing dpi and add busy indicator icon
Please check the Sigil website for important Sigil support links, additional resource downloads, and platform-specific trouble-shooting tips/requirements.
The MacOS builds are signed but they are NOT notarized. See this PageEdit/Sigil issue for more information.
PGP Fingerprint (for signed tags and source archives):
B5A5 6206 AB0F BC1A 24EF AB8A A166 D29A 8FCD AC63
All binary (and source) downloads can also be found as assets at the bottom of The Sigil-2.0.0 Github Release page.