Sigil-1.8.0 represents a mix of bug fixes and new features for both epub2 and epub3.
- Reports now generate properly quoted csv when saved
- Workaround Bug in QtWebengine when using custom scheme handler and specific audio/video codecs
- Fix CV -> Preview sync after intial load when Preview Zoom is not equal to 100%
- Fix link tags with rel set to stylesheets via Mend and Mend and Prettify that are missing type
- Fix GoToLinkOrStyle to work on css link tags in head
- Fix logic in GoToLinkOrStyle to better identify the actual target with styles
- Fix insert media file when cursor at very start of tag
- Fix Windows and macOS bugs when generating Keyboard Shortcuts
- Fix insert closing tag when cursor at very start of tag
- Fix double copy to Clipboard from OPF and NCX Tabs
- Fix GoToLinkOrStyle when class attribute present but cursor not in the class attribute
- Fix TabManager scroll to position to properly handle position of 0
- Fix crash using Split At Markers when body tag is completely empty (no whitespace or anything)
- Add Find and Replace context menu to clear its curent values and history
- Add support for 3 Automation lists that support editing and automatically running a list of commands that can include all Sigil plugins and a limited set of Tools
- Do not require replacement prompt if current book is unmodified and input plugin is run
Three new e-Reader plugins for Sigil have been built to help users see what their ebook might look like in real e-readers while still inside Sigil. See this post for descriptions and links.
Please check the Sigil website for important Sigil support links, additional resource downloads, and platform-specific trouble-shooting tips/requirements.
Mac users should still download and install ActiveState’s ActiveTcl Community Edition to utilize plugins that use Tk/Tcl GUIs. More here.
Mac users should also check out the website entry on the New Release File Format.
PGP Fingerprint (for signed tags and source archives):
B5A5 6206 AB0F BC1A 24EF AB8A A166 D29A 8FCD AC63
All binary (and source) downloads can also be found as assets at the bottom of The Sigil-1.8.0 Github Release page.