Sigil-1.7.0 represents a mix of bug fixes and new features for both epub2 and epub3.
- Workaround to ensure the Saved Searches Controls editor widget is movable on all platforms
- Make the External Xhtml Editor Button/Feature work with both PageEdit and non-PageEdit editors again
- Fix Preview sync when CV transitions from xhtml to css and back to xhtml
- Fix Preview sync when Find and Replace opens new tab with search target
- Fix Preview sync when Validation error clicked on
- Fix Preview sync when mathml is being used (compensate for mathjax changes)
- Fix mathml use when external MathJax directory is specified in builds on Linux
- Prevent Sigil from loading any manifested mimetype file from bad epubs, give load warning
- Make Spellcheck dialog use double-click to control search in CV, to speed paging word list.
- Prevent duplicate translated semantic names
- Fix heading tool issues after self-closed BLOCK tags
- Prevent stack overflow crashes in pcre lib due to recursion with some valid regex
- Fix second window opening on macOS when first launching app with file
- Remove [other.] semantic indicators for epub2
- Fix crash in CSS Selectors Report when using Filters
- added Find Replace Regular Expression validator
- added SIGIL_DISABLE_VERSION_META environment variable to control writing of Sigil Version
- enable JIT compiler for pcre library to improve regex look-up performance
- update the pcre library to version 8.45 (Final EOL)
Three new e-Reader plugins for Sigil have been built to help users see what their ebook might look like in real e-readers while still inside Sigil. See this post for descriptions and links.
Please check the Sigil website for important Sigil support links, additional resource downloads, and platform-specific trouble-shooting tips/requirements.
Mac users should still download and install ActiveState’s ActiveTcl Community Edition to utilize plugins that use Tk/Tcl GUIs. More here.
Mac users should also check out the website entry on the New Release File Format.
PGP Fingerprint (for signed tags and source archives):
B5A5 6206 AB0F BC1A 24EF AB8A A166 D29A 8FCD AC63
All binary (and source) downloads can also be found as assets at the bottom of The Sigil-1.7.0 Github Release page.