This release represents a mix of bug fixes and new features:
- Fix insertion of id and links when cursor immediately before a closing tag
- Make sure bundled PySide6 can find QtWebEngine resources on Windows (Qt6)
- Properly recreate or remove encryption.xml depending on font obfuscating or not
- Make Qt6 versions of Sigil use their own ini files to prevent corruption
- treat figcaption as an “other text holder” when prettifying
- Redesign the FindReplace dialog user interface to minimize size while adding features
- Add a FindReplace “Text” only checkbox and support to exclude tags from search
- Add a Toggle Line Wrap Mode and its support added to CodeView via pop-up menu
- Add a Dry Run Replace dialog to act as “Replace All” what if. (Shift + Count All)
- Add a Replacement filter dialog to allow users to delete unwanted replacements before applying Replace All (Shift + Replace All)
- Add a Counts Report to Saved Searches to show Saved Search Group counts by search
For additional information about the new user interface and new tools added to Sigil’s Find and Replace see this thread in our Forum on Mobileread.com:
The only installer that’s appropriate for Windows 7 is the installer with “Legacy” in the name.
Please check the Sigil website for important Sigil support links, additional resource downloads, and platform-specific trouble-shooting tips/requirements.
PGP Fingerprint (for signed tags and source archives):
B5A5 6206 AB0F BC1A 24EF AB8A A166 D29A 8FCD AC63
All binary (and source) downloads can also be found as assets at the bottom of The Sigil-1.9.10 Github Release page.