NOTICE: If after installing Sigil v0.9.13 (or higher), Sigil is crashing, won’t run correctly, or won’t start at all, check out this wiki notice before filing a report or asking for assistance.
For the impatient, the installer files (and source) can be found as assets at the bottom of the Github Release page.
This Sigil release is primarily to address bugs introduced by the upgrade to Qt5.11.2 and Python 3.7 in the previous releases and to revert the conversion of Sigil ini files to the utf-8 character encoding.
- Revert change of INI encoding to utf-8 as QSettings very broken under utf-8 (commit 5484463)
- Ensure all url attributes in shape-outside properties in CSS stylesheets get updated (commit de7b09f)
- Workaround for lost cursor in qlineedit Qt bug (issue #398) (commit a8acab7)
- Workaround missing File New, Open, Quit menus in Mac menubar if windows closed (commit 660a8aa)
- Remove Icon from Tab for macOS only to workaround Qt bug (commit 5c91924)
- Plug some memory leaks (commits: 85f78d7, cb9b833, 614d601, bf2f2f4, ebfb613, 4qa8f33)
- Backport Qt 5.12alpha fix to prevent heap corruption due to qwidget next focus pointers (commit f5c7284)
- Plug macOS memory leaks when closing a main window (commit fbf9015)
- Put back quote in tag name bug fix lost in recent changes (commit ebd8c7c)
- Disable Netscape Plugins being used in BookView and Preview Window (commit 79314ea)
- Use custom version of qtwebkit with Qt 5.5 memory leak fix added back and no load plugins if disabled
(see commits 94a28d7, 9f7ebba, and 4b968a9)
- Add filename to tab tooltip (commit 27f8db7)
- Clear memory caches when Preview changes to keep memory footprint smaller (commit 87b9247)
- Update to MathJax 2.75, adds support for mathml mlongdiv, mstack, mcarries (commit 568aba5)
- Reduce memory footprint by letting worker threads expire (commit c1ee7ea)
- Reduce memory footprint by properly setting web page caches (commit 9f07cbe)
Be aware that Sigil-0.9.13 still enforces the need for epub3 to have and support an NCX so that it generates as backward a compatible epub as possible. This may be relaxed in future releases.
Please check the Sigil Wiki for important Sigil support links, additional resource downloads, and platform-specific trouble-shooting tips/requirements.