Sigil-1.4.3 Critical Bug Fix Release
Bug Fixes Since Sigil-1.4.0:
- critical bug fix for OPF metadata attributes that use named entities
- fix bug in “Add Existing” files when file names would require percent encoding
- fix bug in multiple language spellchecking dialog word lookup when no language attributes used
- update de, nl, sv, ko, ru translations that missed the Sigil 1.4.0 initial release
- critical bug fix for over xml encoding html used inside metadata in the opf
- revert ctrl-f to it long standing Find and Replace behaviour
- fix mismatched override wait cursor usage
- fix crashes when dictionaries are missing on load or during first spellcheck
- update the mapping of language codes to dictionaries without the need to restart
- fix critical bug which caused split to break links that are bare fragments
- fix additional critical bugs which caused split to lose fragments from link targets
- fix double # chars in fragment ids during merge
- fix hang on load with bad encryption.xml font uris
- quiet unneeded debug output when importing an epub
- fix opf cleanup bug when identical xmlns values are used with two different prefixes on the same tag
Sigil-1.4.3 represents additional critical bug fixes and is meant to immediately replace Sigil 1.4.0 through Sigil-1.4.2. It has all the features of the original Sigil 1.4.0 including new icon themes and multiple language spell checking.
Please check the Sigil Wiki for important Sigil support links, additional resource downloads, and platform-specific trouble-shooting tips/requirements.
Mac users should still download and install ActiveState’s ActiveTcl Community Edition to utilize plugins that use Tk/Tcl GUIs. More here.
Mac users should also check out the wiki entry on the New Release File Format
The latest Sigil user guide can always be downloaded from its own repository.
The binary downloads (and source) can be found as assets at the bottom of The Sigil Github Release page.