Sigil-1.2.0 represents a mix of bug fixes and new features for both epub2 and epub3 users.
New Features (since the 1.1.0 release):
- Provide a tweak setting to adjust drag distance for Windows & Linux
- Added YesToAll and NoToAll options for replacing images via Add Existing…
- Highdpi and uifont setting information is now available to Sigil’s plugins
- Add a Checkpoint feature to Sigil for fast versioned saves to git repositories
- add ability to easily create a Checkpoint (stored via a local git repository)
- add ability to see the changes between the current epub and any earlier Checkpoint
- add ability to revert the entire epub back to an earlier Checkpoint
- added ability to manage and delete Checkpoint repositories.
Bug Fixes (since the 1.1.0 release):
- Fix cosmetic file name issue when aborts file rename edits in BookBrowser
- Improve default drag-distance for BookBrowser for Windows & Linux
- Reduce required drag distance for macOS
- Fix index generation bug related to non-escaped text used in regular expressions
- Fix bug that caused lost class attributes when marking words for an index
- Guide to Landmark Semantic mappings have been extended to better cover “other.*” guide items
- Changed the removeDir() routine to better deal with Windows delete file issues.
- Updated Building on Windows docs
- Updated Building on MacOS docs
- Modified the codebase to use Ordered hashes/dictionaries throughout to prevent unneeded reordering in tag attribute order
Please check the Sigil Wiki for important Sigil support links, additional resource downloads, and platform-specific trouble-shooting tips/requirements.
Mac users should still download and install ActiveState’s ActiveTcl Community Edition to utilize plugins that use Tk/Tcl GUIs. More here.
Mac users should also check out the wiki entry on the New Release File Format
The latest Sigil user guide can always be downloaded from its own repository.