For the impatient, the installer files (and source) can be found as assets at the bottom of the Github Release page.
This Sigil release is primarily to address performance issues and memory leaks, but there are a still some new features and other bug fixes as described below.
- flush all changes to disk before creating a Report so that files sizes are correct
- stop writing python bytecode to Program Files on Windows
- remember cover semantics if cover image replaced by Add Existing…
- fix issues with the Plugin Framework documentation epub
- more memory leaks plugged
- minor code cleanups
- updated to Qt 5.12.3 with Annulen Webkit 5.212 with extra QtCursor memory leak fixes
- updated to Python 3.7.2
- updated build docs for macOS, Linux and Windows
- build system now uses GNUInstallDirs to determine the best installation libdir on Linux
- updated desktop integration for Linux
- reduce PCRE cache size to help lower memory footprint
- improve mapping of hunspell dictionary names to actual language names (thanks BeckyDTP)
- add warning during import if unmanifested files exist in the epub zip archive
- no longer requires use of non-breaking space entities (or any entities at all!)
- special spaces are now visisble via syntax highlighting in CodeView
- dropping epubs on Sigil.app no longer opens an extra empty epub on macOS
- reload Preview only when needed to help prevent screen flicker and lower memory use
- enabled Windows automated builds using Apppveyor
- Windows releases now compiled with Visual Studio 2017
- characters in HTML files report now uses gumbo for speed
- allow user’s custom plugin icons to survive a plugin update
Sigil 0.9.14 will mark the last version that uses QtWebKit, and will be the last version to support editing in BookView. More here.
Be aware that Sigil-0.9.14 still enforces the need for epub3 to have and support an NCX so that it generates as backward a compatible epub as possible. This may be relaxed in future releases.
Please check the Sigil Wiki for important Sigil support links, additional resource downloads, and platform-specific trouble-shooting tips/requirements.